| || |
Junior Rural Fellowship (JRF)
Lend-A-Hand India (LAHI) has great pleasure to announce Junior Rural Fellowship program (LAHI-JRF) for rural youth. The fellowship offers unique opportunity to learn job and life skills through practicals. The duration of the fellowship is six months at the end of which those who will complete the program successfully will be eligible for paid apprenticeship which will lead to a full time employment with clear career growth path. The LAHI - Junior Rural Fellowship program launched in August 2012 with Indapur as its first center
Objective of JRF Program
To offer rural and needy youth an opportunity to obtain job and life skills to increase employability, earn livelihoods, and create long term career opportunities. Duration of the training 6 months followed by full-time paid apprenticeship of 3 to 6 months Unique
Features of the Program
- Tie up with the industries for apprenticeship and job placement based on performance
- Mentoring by senior executives and special career path once placed
- Assistance for continuing higher education
- Emphasis on extracurricular activities for all round development
- Interactive sessions with the industry experts
- Participatory, self-study and continuous assessment
At the end of the six month program, the successful candidates will be recognized as JRF Fellows, given a course completion certificate and recommended for apprenticeship.
A balanced mix of classroom training and field work, projects coupled with guest lectures of practitioners from relevant industries, field visits, seminars, workshops, and projects. The entire program will be of participatory nature. Activity oriented learning will provide the participants to learn through real experience. The faculty will make extensive use of training aids such as audio visuals, games, and case studies. Reading and reference material will be made available and it will be mandatory.
Opportunity to practicing the skills learned in the program in real life situation will be offered through apprenticeship opportunity of three to six months. This will be a paid apprenticeship to meet the basic expenses during the apprenticeship period.
1. Business communication (spoken and written English)
2. Computer skills and basics of electronic communication (internet, email, internet research etc.)
3. Personality development
4. Introduction to the world of business (Office Administration, Methods, Processes)
5. Interview techniques and preparation
6. Take home projects
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org